|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This crock pot applesauce is perfectly flavored with cinnamon and sugar. The apples are cut into chunks. The apples break down over the long cooking period, but they retain some chunkiness. Mash or puree them if you prefer a very smooth applesauce.
- 10 to 12 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled with a dollop of whipped cream or with ice cream.
If you have an abundance of apples, feel free to scale the recipe up and freeze extra.