|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Are you looking for a super simple dessert recipe that cooks in your slow cooker? This easy and delicious five ingredient recipe for Crockpot Cobbler takes only a few minutes to prepare and tastes like apple crisp!
Use your favorite brand of granola cereal in this recipe. And make sure that you choose apples that are best for cooking in this recipe so they hold their shape and are a good combination of tart and sweet. My favorite apple for cooking is Granny Smith, but you can also choose McIntosh or Jonagold.
Serve this great recipe with some ice cream or fruit yogurt or frozen yogurt.
- 3 cups peeled, sliced tart apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Gather the ingredients.
- Spray the inside of a 3 to 4 quart crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then put the apples into the slow cooker and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly with the granola.
- Stir together the honey and butter in a small bowl or saucepan and drizzle over the apple mixture. Mix everything together gently.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours OR until the apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve this crockpot cobbler with fruit yogurt or ice cream, if desired.
Note: If you have a crockpot that cooks hot (to test, see Crockpot 102) you need to reduce the cooking time in this recipe. Crockpots made in the last 5 years cook much hotter than the appliance used to develop this recipe and it may be done in 3-4 hours. Every recipe can't be developed with every crockpot in mind so keep an eye on your food while it is cooking.