These easy crockpot country-style ribs are layered with sauerkraut, chopped onions, and chopped apples. The dish is slow-cooked to perfection with the addition of beer. Use a light or sour brown ale in this recipe.
The recipe may also be made with shoulder or loin chops.
- 1 bag (1 pound) sauerkraut (rinsed & drained)
- 1 onion
- 1 red-skinned apple (unpeeled, chopped)
- 2 to 3 pounds pork ribs (country-style)
- 1 cup beer
- Put the sauerkraut in bottom of the slow cooker or Crock Pot. Add the diced onion and chopped apple. Stir to blend.
- Layer the country-style ribs over the onion and apple layer.
- Pour beer over everything.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Add about 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar to the sauerkraut for sweet-sour flavor.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|