|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This layered crockpot casserole is made with ground beef and a variety of vegetables. It's a very easy preparation and makes a satisfying everyday meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (browned)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 ribs of celery (sliced)
- 2 large potatoes (sliced)
- 2 to 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1 can of peas (well drained)
- 1 can/10 3/4 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1 soup can water
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion and celery. Set aside.
Grease the bottom and sides of the slow cooker.
Layer the sliced potatoes, carrots, and peas in that order, sprinkling each layer lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Top the peas with the ground beef mixture.
In a bowl, mix the tomato soup with water; pour over ground beef.
Cover and cook in on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Stir about halfway through.