This crock pot hamburger soup is a combination of simple fresh vegetables, canned broth and tomatoes, and lean ground beef. It's a hearty soup and it is delicious with cornbread, biscuits, or crusty bread.
It makes a nice lunch soup as well. Serve it in cups with sandwiches or serve it with a tossed salad.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 large (28 ounces) can whole tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 (16 ounces) can cut green beans
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 to 3 dashes cayenne pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth (undiluted)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Gather the ingredients.
Brown ground beef with onion and celery; drain off fat and transfer to slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients and add 1 or 2 cups water.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
Serve and enjoy!