Long slow cooking is a good way to cook many cuts of game meat. This dish is delicious over rice or noodles.
- 1 pound deer or elk round steak or stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 green peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- For the Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut the round steak in 1-inch and dredge with flour.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. When the oil is hot, brown the meat, turning to brown all sides.
- Place in crock pot add the boiling water and salt. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Turn to LOW and cook for another 6 hours. Add green peppers and pineapple chunks to meat. Cook one hour longer on LOW.
- On stove top combine sauce ingredients. Cook until sauce is clear and thick.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the meat and pineapple mixture to a serving dish or platter.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over meat mixture.
- Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|