This hearty and delicious Crockpot Meatball and Potato Stew recipe is so easy to make and cooks all by itself all day in your crockpot. It's the perfect recipe for a cold winter day, and the aroma that will greet you when you open the door in the evening is incredible.
You can purchase frozen precooked meatballs for this recipe, or make your own. The meatballs do have to be cooked before they are combined with the other ingredients in this recipe. If you put uncooked meatballs into the slow cooker, they will make the mixture greasy and may fall apart before they are cooked. Any meatballs you add should be fully cooked since uncooked ground beef just doesn't work in the slow cooker.
Serve this wonderful recipe with some rolls hot out of the oven, or some freshly baked cornbread. A crisp green salad tossed with strawberries, or with sliced mushrooms and cherry or grape tomatoes is a welcome contrast to the comforting, warm stew.
- 1-pound package frozen meatballs
- 4 russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced or cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans ready to serve beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Spray a 4 or 5-quart crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place meatballs, potatoes, baby carrots, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker. Add broth, water, parsley, marjoram, basil, salt, and pepper and mix gently.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 9 to 11 hours.
- Mix evaporated milk and cornstarch; add during last hour and cook until thoroughly heated and thickened. 4 to 6 servings
- If you have a new hotter cooking crockpot cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|