This tasty pork and sweet potato recipe is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Sweet potatoes and chunks of pork tenderloin cook to perfection in a cinnamon and brown sugar sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch thick pieces
- 3 cups raw peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or lightly oil.
- Combine pork, sweet potatoes, onion, and green bell pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine tomatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, parsley, and black pepper; pour over pork mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir to mix before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|