|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This tasty pork and sweet potato recipe is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Sweet potatoes and chunks of pork tenderloin cook to perfection in a cinnamon and brown sugar sauce.
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch thick pieces
- 3 cups raw peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or lightly oil.
Combine pork, sweet potatoes, onion, and green bell pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Combine tomatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, parsley, and black pepper; pour over pork mixture in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir to mix before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.