There's nothing like a one pot meal! Put all of the ingredients into a slow cooker, turn it on, and come home hours later to a fabulous dinner that is completely done and waiting for you. This type of recipe is especially wonderful in the winter, or on a cold fall day.
You can use any kind of mustard in this delicious, homey recipe for Crockpot Pork Roast Dinner. This is a complete meal; all you need to add is a simple green salad or some fresh fruit. The combination of foods in this recipe is so comforting and tasty.
You could use russet or Yukon Gold potatoes in place of the small red potatoes if you'd like; just cut them into fairly small pieces of the same size so they cook evenly. Or add other vegetables. If they are fairly tender veggies, such as bell peppers, peas, or corn, add them during the last hour of cooking time.
Add a green or fruit salad to this recipe, along with some toasted garlic bread for some crunch. Enjoy this simple recipe with a glass of red wine. It's ideal for company, and also delicious for a family dinner any night of the week.
- 1 pound small red potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby cut carrots
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast (trimmed of fat)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the potatoes and baby carrots around the bottom edge of a 4 to 6-quart crockpot.
- Place the onion and garlic in the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper, and spread over the pork roast.
- Place the roast in the crockpot on top of all of the vegetables and pour the beef broth over all.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until the pork is 150 F on a meat thermometer and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pork and vegetables to a serving platter; cover tightly with foil to keep warm and let stand for 15 minutes.
- During this time, thicken the juices in the slow cooker for a gravy by mixing the cornstarch with water using a wire whisk. Add this slurry to the juices in the crockpot and cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened. Serve the gravy with the meat and vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|