This pot roast recipe includes potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings. With the included vegetables, it makes a fabulous one-dish meal, and it's so easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 3 to 4 pounds beef roast (lean chuck, bottom round, or rump)
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon gravy browning sauce (e.g., Kitchen Bouquet, Gravy Master)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 4 carrots, halved and quartered
- Place the beef roast in the slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make a smooth paste with the flour and cold water; stir in Kitchen Bouquet and spread over the roast. Add garlic, onion, potatoes, and carrots (or use any other root vegetable such as parsnips or rutabaga).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|