|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This pot roast recipe includes potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings. With the included vegetables, it makes a fabulous one-dish meal, and it's so easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 3 to 4 pounds beef roast (lean chuck, bottom round, or rump)
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon gravy browning sauce (e.g., Kitchen Bouquet, Gravy Master)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 4 carrots, halved and quartered
Place the beef roast in the slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Make a smooth paste with the flour and cold water; stir in Kitchen Bouquet and spread over the roast. Add garlic, onion, potatoes, and carrots (or use any other root vegetable such as parsnips or rutabaga).
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.