Risotto is so simple when made in the Crockpot and roasted asparagus livens up this recipe. Although the white wine cooks out of this Crockpot risotto, if you prefer not to cook with wine, use chicken broth instead.
- 5 tbsp. olive oil(divided)
- 1/3 cup minced shallots or onions
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/4 cups arborio rice
- 3-3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 3 tbsp.. of the olive oil and the shallots in a medium skillet, cooking until shallots are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in rice.
- Spray the Crockpot stoneware with cooking spray, or brush with oil. Transfer rice mixture to Crockpot. Add chicken broth and wine. Cover and cook on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours (check after 1 hr, 45 minutes), until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash and trim asparagus spears. Toss asparagus with remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a cutting board. Chop asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Add to risotto. Add parmesan cheese to risotto. Taste risotto, and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|