|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 3|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This shrimp Creole recipe is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta for a tasty meal. Add diced cooked chicken or turkey or use crawfish in this recipe. This Creole-style etouffee is a similar dish as is this slow cooker garlic shrimp.
The dish is even better when reheated the next day.
- 1 1/2 cups celery (diced)
- 1 1/4 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes (broken up)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco (or to taste)
- 1 to 1 1 /2 pounds shrimp (deveined and shelled)
Combine all ingredients except shrimp.
Cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
Add shrimp during last 30 minutes of cooking.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
Chicken, rabbit, or crawfish may be substituted for shrimp.
Stove Top Version
Saute celery, onion, and bell peppers in oil or butter until tender.
Add remaining ingredients, except shrimp.
Simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
Add shrimp (or cubed cooked chicken or other seafood) and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more.