This recipe makes about 16 to 20 sloppy Joe sandwiches, perfect for a game day gathering or kids' party.
Related: Sloppy Joes for Eight
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounces) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages of toasted sandwich buns
Place ground beef mixture in crockpot and stir in chili sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve on toasted sandwich buns.
Makes about 20 sandwiches, great for a party or tailgating.