|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This wonderful and super easy main dish tastes like Spaghetti-Os. You can vary the amount of pasta or meatballs according to your taste. Just make sure that the pasta is submerged in the liquid before you start the crock pot.
You can also add more ingredients; some chopped onion or garlic if your family likes it, or some shredded carrots would add flavor and nutrition. You could add some chicken or beef broth in place of the water for a more flavorful dish.
Top the cooked pasta and meatballs with some grated Parmesan cheese. For a complete meal, all you need is some toasted garlic bread and a green salad tossed with mushrooms and avocados. For dessert, some chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, or brownies would be the perfect finishing touch.
- 8 ounces spaghetti pasta (broken into pieces)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (20- to 22- ounce) package frozen completely cooked meatballs
- 2 cups water
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the spaghetti pasta, spaghetti sauce, frozen meatballs, and water in a 4-quart slow cooker and mix to combine. Make sure that the pasta is submerged in the liquid in the crock pot.
Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until pasta is tender and meatballs are thoroughly heated to 160 F as measured with a meat thermometer, stirring once with a large spoon during the cooking time. This method will make the pasta quite soft, like Spaghetti-Os.
Serve with grated cheese, if desired.
- You can cook the sauce, meatballs, and water for 5 to 7 hours on low until the meatballs are 160 F then stir in the pasta.
- Try to make sure that the pasta is completely immersed in the sauce.
- Turn the crock pot to high. Cover and cook the pasta on high for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once, until the pasta is tender. This will make pasta that is more al dente.