This beefy crock pot Spanish rice is a perfect solution to the age-old question, "What's for dinner?" The browned beef is combined with tomatoes, chopped peppers and onion, and classic chili seasonings. It's a family-pleasing dish that goes well with a salad or coleslaw and cornbread or biscuits.
For a spicier Spanish rice, add some cayenne pepper or add one or two minced jalapeno peppers.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 (28 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the beef into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers and continue cook for a few minutes longer, or until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain the browned ground beef, onion, and bell pepper and transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, rice, and water to the beef mixture. Stir to blend.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|