|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Scroll down to see more beef casserole recipes.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds thin or tenderized steak, cut into serving-size portions
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups converted rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Dredge steak pieces in flour; brown in oil with the onions.
Spray crock with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease; add rice.
Top rice with steak and onions, pour tomatoes over steak then sprinkle with curry powder.
Pour soup into the skillet and stir to get brown bits; pour over tomatoes in the slow cooker.
Stir lightly so liquid gets to the rice.
Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours.