|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Enjoy cooking this tasty steak and rice recipe that is made in the slow cooker/crock pot. This is a great one-dish dinner that requires a few ingredients.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds thin or tenderized steak (cut into serving-size portions)
- 1/4 cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (quartered and sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups converted rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
Gather the ingredients.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Dredge steak pieces in flour; brown in oil with the onions.
Spray crock with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease; add rice.
Top rice with steak and onions, pour tomatoes over steak then sprinkle with curry powder.
Pour soup into the skillet and stir to get brown bits; pour over tomatoes in the slow cooker.
Stir lightly so liquid gets to the rice.
Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours.
Serve and enjoy!