Rice, black beans, and tomatoes are featured in these stuffed peppers, along with corn and a topping of shredded cheese. They're a nice alternative to the classic ground beef and rice stuffed peppers, and the slow cooker makes cooking easy. Alternatively, try making some stuffed peppers with both ground beef and beans.
- 1 can (11 to 15 ounces) regular kernel corn or Mexican corn with peppers (drained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided, or use Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 6 large green bell peppers (tops removed, seeded)
In a bowl combine ingredients, except 1/4 cup cheese and the bell peppers.
Stuff peppers with mixture.
Arrange bell peppers in a slow cooker, stacking a few on top if necessary.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese about 20 minutes before done.