This delicious spiced pecans or walnuts recipe is prepared in a slow cooker. Toss a handful in a fresh salad to give your lunch a boost or snack on them throughout the day.
- 16 ounces pecans (or walnut halves)
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Turn slow cooker to high about 15 minutes in advance.
- In hot slow cooker, stir together the nuts and butter. Add the powdered sugar, stirring to blend and coat evenly. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and remove the lid.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the spices; sift over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
- Let cool before serving.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|