Traditional beef stew gets a change up with this sweet and tangy recipe. Stew beef is slowly simmered in the slow cooker with carrots, brown sugar, and vinegar. Brown the beef ahead of time, toss everything in the slow cooker and come home to a warm winter meal!
More Beef Stew Recipes
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 large carrots, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper; dredge beef in mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides.
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker; add meat and onions. Combine remaining ingredients and add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|