Looking for something different for your family's taco night? Try this slow cooker tamale pie recipe with ground beef, chili seasoning, tomatoes, and Mexican cheese. It's easy to make, hearty and delicious.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (ground round, sirloin, or similar)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 envelope of chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (12 to 16 ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small can slice ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mexican blend of cheeses
In a skillet, cook ground beef until crumbly; drain well.
In large bowl mix cornmeal, milk, egg. Add drained ground beef, dry chili seasoning mix, seasoned salt and tomatoes, corn, and olives. Pour into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer.