|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When you're in the mood for a great tasting tequila shot, this is a perfect choice. Also called the crouching tiger, the lychee tequila shooter is incredibly easy to mix up and offers the sweet taste of lychee, which gives it a tropical fruit flavor that's hard to resist.
The shot recipe simply requires tequila and lychee liqueur, poured equally and shaken. It's a delicious shot that goes down easily—too easily, in fact. The sweet taste is so tempting that you can quickly find that you've had one too many.
3/4 ounce blanco tequila
3/4 ounce lychee liqueur
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a shot glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- There are a number of lychee liqueurs available. The color of the options varies greatly, from clear spirits like Soho and Bols to a pale pink like Fruko Shulz, Giffard Lichi-Li, and Kwai Feh, and the brilliant red of Lichido. Which you choose will determine the color of your shots.
- Alternatively, you can make your own lychee liqueur. It simply requires some lychee fruit, lime zest, and simple syrup. While that recipe uses a vodka base, tequila is an excellent option.
- This recipe yields a 2-ounce shot, so you will need a tall shot glass. You can also divide it into two smaller glasses if that's the only option.
- Blanco (or silver) tequila is typically poured into this shot, though the slight aging of reposado tequila adds a nice depth of flavor.
- While often poured in equal amounts, feel free to pour a little more of either ingredient to suit your taste. If you like things a little sweeter and softer, go with 1 ounce of lychee liqueur and 1/2 ounce of tequila. Reverse that if you want the tequila to dominate the shot.
- This shot is also a good option for vodka if you prefer that over tequila.
- Add a little boost of flavor by squeezing a lime wedge into the shaker. For bottled lime juice, just a splash will do.
- There's no need to relegate this combination to shot glasses. If you like the taste of the lychee tequila, make it a little larger and take some time to sip and savor the taste. Serve it on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass or up as a martini.
How Strong Is a Lychee Tequila Shot?
The majority of lychee liqueurs are around 40 proof. Combining that with an 80-proof tequila and factoring in a little ice dilution, this shot shakes up to 20 percent ABV (40 proof). That's a very strong shot and half the strength of drinking the tequila straight.