|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious cabbage salad is made with green onions and bacon, along with a flavorful mayonnaise and oil dressing. A little celery seed adds extra flavor to this salad. It's a good salad to serve with grilled food, burgers, or feel free to omit the bacon and use it as a topping for pulled pork or fish tacos.
If you want a little more crunch or a variety of vegetables, some possibilities are shredded carrots, finely chopped cucumbers chopped celery, diced red, green, or orange bell pepper, chopped spinach, pine nuts, or sunflower seeds.
- 8 to 10 slices bacon (cooked, drained, and diced)
- 4 cups cabbage (1/2 medium head or a small head, chopped or shredded)
- 4 to 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Gather the ingredients.
Toss the bacon, cabbage, green onion, and celery seeds together in a large bowl.
In a large cup or small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, olive oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, apple cider, and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Add salt and pepper, to taste, along with more sugar and vinegar, if desired.
Add the dressing mixture to the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- The salad will develop more flavor if it is made and refrigerated for a few hours before serving.
- For extra flavor and crunch, feel free to add other vegetables or nuts. Here are some suggestions: shredded carrots, finely chopped cucumbers chopped celery, diced red, green, or orange bell pepper, chopped spinach, pine nuts, or sunflower seeds.