|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 8 sandwiches (8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Crunchy Salmon Sandwich Spread is a super easy recipe great for using up leftover cooked salmon. Or substitute any other type of cooked fish, or even chicken. It's always wonderful to have this type of recipe in your refrigerator. When your kids say they are hungry, point them to the fridge and tell them to make a sandwich!
This type of recipe can be used with just about any ingredients. If you have some leftover cooked vegetables, add them. Use small cooked shrimp, a couple of cans of tuna, or even leftover cooked ground beef. Use different herbs; some fresh chopped basil or fresh thyme leaves would be really wonderful.
I myself like to serve this sandwich spread on split and toasted ciabatta rolls, but you can use toasted sandwich bread, hamburger buns, or split croissants. It's also good served as an appetizer spread with toasted and butter French or Italian bread slices. Enjoy this easy recipe and make it often!
- 2 5 to 6 ounce cooked salmon filets
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or low-fat)
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Dash salt (to taste)
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- Gather the ingredients,
- Break the salmon into pieces and set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and cheese in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in the salmon along with the bell peppers, celery, marjoram, and salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or cover and chill this sandwich spread up to 3 days.