- 4 sweet plantains (peeled and cut into uniform pieces)
- 1/4 pound of bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- In a saucepan, cover plantains with lightly salted, cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until plantains are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Drain and mash the plantains. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, sauté the bacon until brown. Add the diced onion and chopped garlic. Continue sautéing for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and drain excess bacon drippings. Leave about 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
- Gently fold in mashed plantains until thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a dish, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|