This beef casserole is easy to prepare and it's easy on the budget. Like a few of the reviewers, I sauteed the meat and onions to brown first, then baked as directed.
- 4 pieces of cubed steak
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
Layer the cube steak, potatoes, carrots, and onion in a casserole dish.
Heat soups with butter then pour over the first four ingredients.
Cover and bake for about 60 minutes at 375 F.
- Add a little Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet to the soup mixture to give it some gravy color, and brighten the plate with some chopped parsley and a salad or green vegetable.