Cucumbers and tomatoes seem made to go together. Perhaps that's why they both ripen around the same time each summer.
The attractive colors of red, green, and white are as complementary to each other as are the crispy cucumber texture and that of the soft tomato.
A simple summer favorite!
- 2 large cucumbers (not the English variety), peeled
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cucumbers and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine the dressing ingredients with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Make several hours or a day ahead, keeping in the refrigerator until shortly before serving time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|