|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Flavored with cumin, chiles, and a lime juice, this skirt steak is a perfect addition to tacos, salad, or served along with grill vegetables.
- 2 large skirt steaks
- Juice of 3 limes
- For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin (use less if so inclined)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL oregano
- 2 teaspoon2/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- For the Garnish:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1-2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
Trim skirt steaks of excess fat.
Place into resealable plastic bag.
Combine marinade ingredients and pour over skirt steaks.
Work marinade around, making sure to coat every bit of meat, carefully release excess air from bag, seal and place into refrigerator.
Allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Remove steaks from bag and place onto grill grates.
Cook for 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness and desired doneness.
Once steaks are cooked, remove from heat and place onto cutting board and lightly cover with aluminum foil.
While steaks are resting, prepare garnish.
Slice steaks, garnish and serve.