|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Flavored with cumin, chiles, and lime juice, this skirt steak is a perfect addition to tacos, salad, or served along with grilled vegetables.
- 2 large skirt steaks
- For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin (use less if so inclined)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL oregano
- 2 teaspoon2/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- For the Garnish:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1-2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over steaks in a large non-reactive bowl or zip-top bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove steaks from marinade, allow excess to drip off, and place onto grill grates.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- Once steaks are cooked, remove from heat and place onto cutting board and lightly cover with aluminum foil.
- While steaks are resting, prepare garnish.
- Slice steaks, garnish and serve.