- 2 large skirt steaks
- Juice of 3 limes
- For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup/80 mL vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin (use less if so inclined)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL oregano
- 2 teaspoon2/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- For the Garnish:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1-2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
- Trim skirt steaks of excess fat.
- Place into resealable plastic bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over skirt steaks.
- Work marinade around, making sure to coat every bit of meat, carefully release excess air from bag, seal and place into refrigerator.
- Allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove steaks from bag and place onto grill grates.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- Once steaks are cooked, remove from heat and place onto cutting board and lightly cover with aluminum foil.
- While steaks are resting, prepare garnish.
- Slice steaks, garnish and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|