- 3 lemons (washed in hot water)
- 1/2 cup salt (kosher)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
1. Cut the lemons into 1/8-inch thick slices and pick out any seeds from the lemon slices.
2. Mix the salt and sugar together. Cover the bottom of a small glass container with a layer of the salt/sugar. Top with one layer of the sliced lemons, and cover with a layer of salt/sugar mixture. Repeat until all the lemon slices are covered.
3. Seal the container and let stand at room temperature for 3 days.
The mixture can then be stored in a Mason jar and refrigerated until needed. It will keep for several months, but you'll likely use it well before then.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|