- 3 lemons (washed in hot water)
- 1/2 cup salt (kosher)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- Cut the lemons into 1/8-inch thick slices and pick out any seeds from the lemon slices.
- Mix the salt and sugar together.
- Cover the bottom of a small glass container with a layer of the salt/sugar.
- Top with one layer of the sliced lemons and cover with a layer of salt/sugar mixture.
- Repeat until all the lemon slices are covered.
- Seal the container and let stand at room temperature for three days.
- The mixture can then be stored in a Mason jar and refrigerated until needed.
It will keep for several months, but you'll likely use it well before then.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)