|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 48g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||46%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This well-seasoned chicken salad is made with 2 cups of cooked chicken. Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, roast your own chicken, or poach some chicken breasts to make this delicious salad. It's wonderful in pita pockets, but would be great served on lettuce or salad greens as well.
I like a little extra curry powder to spice it up, but use as much or as little curry powder as you like.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder, or more, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the diced chicken, celery, onion, almonds, and raisins. Toss with the lemon juice and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Add more mayonnaise, as needed, to moisten.
Add curry powder, salt, and pepper, to taste; blend well.
Serve on lettuce or in pita pockets or sandwich rolls.
- To poach chicken breasts, put 2 to 3 boneless chicken breast halves in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the chicken to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove the chicken to a plate to cool. Chop the cooled chicken and proceed with the recipe.