This skillet okra recipe is nicely seasoned with curry powder and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- 1 pound okra, washed, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced, optional
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- dash cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder, or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy non-stick or well-seasoned iron skillet; add okra and stir-fry for 10 minutes, turning frequently to keep from sticking.
- When the okra is lightly browned, add remaining ingredients.
- Continue cooking for an 3 minutes longer, or until onions are tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|