This pork dish makes a tasty everyday meal with rice. Garnish the pork with fresh chopped cilantro or green onions.
Use a good quality curry powder in the dish. Some curry powders are stronger than others, so taste as you add.
- 1 pound lean pork (diced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 apples (peeled, cored, chopped)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the diced pork for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add apples and sliced onion; cook, stirring, until the onion is lightly browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour and the curry powder; stir to blend.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
More Pork Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|