Chicken thighs have the best flavor and tend to stay juicy even if you overcook them. This recipe uses Indian-inspired flavors and is quick and easy to prepare.
- 12 chicken thighs, skin on and bone-in
- 1 cup (240 mL) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetables oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cilantro leaves, finely chopped (garnish)
- Preheat grill. Combine butter, onion, garlic and curry powder. Mix well.
- Coat chicken thighs with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Apply about 1 tablespoon of curry butter mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh.
- Place onto hot grill, seasoning side up. Grill over a medium heat, turning occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165 F, about 35 minutes (depending on how large the thighs are).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||171 g|
|Saturated Fat||58 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||65 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|