Chicken thighs have the best flavor and tend to stay juicy even if you overcook them. This recipe uses Indian-inspired flavors and is quick and easy to prepare.
- 12 chicken thighs, skin on and bone-in
- 1 cup (240 mL) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetables oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cilantro leaves, finely chopped (garnish)
Preheat grill. Combine butter, onion, garlic and curry powder. Mix well.
Coat chicken thighs with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Apply about 1 tablespoon of curry butter mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh.
Place onto hot grill, seasoning side up. Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165 F, about 35 minutes depending on how large the thighs are.