Curry powder and cilantro add wonderful flavor to this easy roasted cauliflower recipe. Make this cauliflower and serve it as a side dish or make it for a healthy snack. It's quick and easy, and everyone will love it!
The fresh cilantro goes well with the curry flavor, but you can omit it or use parsley its place.
See Also 12 Great Ways to Enjoy Cauliflower
- 1 medium to large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, your favorite blend
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a large baking pan with foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Break the cauliflower up into small florets and put them in a large bowl or food storage bag.
- Add the olive oil, curry powder, and cilantro to the cauliflower and toss to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Spread the cauliflower florets out on the baking sheet and sprinkle them lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower for about 25 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, or until it is tender and lightly browned.
- Serve the cauliflower with baked or roasted chicken, steaks, ham, or baked or fried fish.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 clove of minced garlic to the cauliflower along with the olive oil.
- Instead of florets, slice the cauliflower into even wedges. You'll get more surface browning with slices.
- To make your own quick homemade curry powder, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons of sweet paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon ground mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves. Add a dash of cayenne pepper, if desired. If you're grinding whole seeds, rinse and toast them in a skillet over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes; cool and grind them in a spice mill or grinder or a coffee grinder.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|