This moist custard-like rice pudding is flavored with grated lemon zest, vanilla, and a bit of nutmeg.
- 1/2 cup plain cooked rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg (freshly ground is preferable)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into a lightly buttered shallow baking dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place baking dish in a pan of hot water in the oven and bake at 300° for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.
- A clean knife inserted into the center should come out with nothing clinging to it.
Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|