|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 24 cupcakes (24 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When going dairy-free, many often forget the classic dairy-less cake: angel food cake! Light, low-fat and suited for a variety of frostings, fruits, and other toppings, these are simple dessert ideas for those dairy-freers that are not allergic to eggs.
- 1 cup flour (cake)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (white granulated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Move the oven racks to the lowest positions in the oven.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites with the vanilla and cream of tartar until forming soft-medium peaks, about 3-4 minutes. Gradually add the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until forming stiff peaks, about 4-6 minutes more. Fold in the dry ingredients, taking care not to overmix and deflate the batter.
- Portion the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before icing, frosting or serving with fruit.