Dairy-free baking can be a time-consuming endeavor. Luckily, when you need a break from all the measuring, sifting, and mixing, there are some dairy-free baking mixes that can help you out. These products range from all-purpose baking mixes to cake, cookie, and brownie mixes. They allow you to quickly create all sorts of baked goods that are as delicious as any you would make from scratch and don't include any dairy.
All-Purpose Baking Mixes
It's always helpful to have a good all-purpose baking mix in the pantry. They're perfect for days when you're not in the mood to make dairy-free biscuits or other baked goods from scratch. Made by well-known brands, you'll be delighted to know that these can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- Bisquick Original Mix
- Hodgson Mill Multi-Purpose Baking Mix
Dairy-free cakes take as much time as any other made-from-scratch cake and neither is a super fast process. Beyond the baking itself, most of your time is spent gathering and measuring ingredients, then mixing them all together one at a time. Plus, you have to clean all of that up! When you're in a pinch and need to get a cake in the oven right away, these dairy-free cake mixes will certainly come in handy.
Most of the cake mixes call for oil. If you do find one that calls for butter, simply use dairy-free soy margarine or another butter substitute instead.
- Arrowhead Mills Cake Mix. Available in chocolate or vanilla
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Cake Mix. Available in chocolate or yellow vanilla cake
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Cake Mix. Available in chocolate, yellow cake, or carrot cake, with gluten-free options
- Hodgson Mill Gluten-Free Cake Mix. Available in chocolate or yellow cake
- Namaste Foods Cake Mix. Available in chocolate, vanilla, or spice cake
Cookie and Brownie Mixes
Making your own dairy-free cookies and brownies is fun and rewarding, especially when you get a sweet tooth craving and simply want some homebaked goodies. Those are also probably the days when you simply don't feel like running to the store, so keeping a dairy-free mix in the pantry is a good idea. With one of these, you can get cozy on the sofa with fresh-baked brownies or cookies in less than an hour! Some of these mixes call for butter in their preparation, but substituting dairy-free margarine or shortening will still produce delicious desserts.
- Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
- Cherrybrook Cookie Mix. Available in chocolate chip cookie and sugar cookie, with gluten- and grain-free options
- Cherrybrook Fudge Brownie Mix. Available in a gluten-free option
- Namaste Foods Brownie Mix. Available as dark chocolate brownie and blondie mixes as well
- Namaste Foods Gluten-Free Cookie Mix. A general mix that's perfect for your favorite cookie cravings
If you add anything to the mixes or are decorating your dessert, you might use other ingredients like icing, chocolate chips, or other decorations. Make sure that they are dairy-free (check the label to be sure). If these sweet treats are going to a bake sale or other event, it's helpful to label them as dairy-free. You went through extra effort to eliminate the dairy, so let people know.