A perfect sweet treat for fall, this caramel dip is great for after-school snacks served with apples or pears.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or soymilk)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine (dairy free)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fill a pan large enough to hold a small saucepan with ice water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the non-dairy milk alternative, sugar, maple syrup, soy margarine, vanilla and salt to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until medium amber in color. Place the saucepan in the prepared ice-water bath to stop the cooking.
- Transfer the caramel sauce to a heatproof container and place in the refrigerator until cool. Serve cold with apples, pears or dairy-free crackers.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|