This dairy-free, vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe is really special and, although it requires a few steps, it's really easy to make!
- 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup
- cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup Egg Replacer powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (hot)
- 2/3 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free soy margarine
- 32 oz. dairy-free cream cheese (such as Tofutti)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a 10” spring-form pan or, alternatively, six 4” spring-form pans.* Set aside.
- Make the crust. In a small bowl, combine the almond meal, cocoa powder, white flour, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, mix the maple syrup and oil until well combined and add to the dry mixture until forming a slightly crumbly dough that just holds together.
- Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan(s) and puncture in several places with a fork to prevent bubbles from rising. Bake for about 7 minutes, or until crust is just slightly browned, but not burnt. Set on a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- Turn up the oven to 400 F.
- Make the filling. In a small bowl, combine the egg replacer powder with the hot water, stirring quickly with a spoon until mixture is consistent and slightly stiff. Set aside. Place the dairy-free dark chocolate chips and dairy-free soy margarine in a stainless steel bowl set over boiling water, stirring often, until the chocolate is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes. Add in the egg replacer mixture and beat on high speed for 2 minutes more. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute on high speed, or until mixture is consistent.
- Pour filling over the prepared crust, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then turn down oven to 275 F and bake for about 40 minutes more. Allow cheesecake to cool and then chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving. (Note: It is a good idea to open the oven door for about 3 minutes to let the heat out when turning down the oven. If the oven is too hot for too long, your cheesecake will puff up and then fall.)
*If preparing six 4" cheesecakes, bake at 375 F for about 25-30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|