This recipe is quick and easy to prepare for a weekend morning treat or teatime snack. Try keeping a mixture of the dry ingredients in an airtight container in the pantry for quick breakfast and snack solutions.
- 1 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup
- soy milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin cup liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, combine the soy yogurt, soy milk, egg white, cider vinegar, and oil. Add the dry ingredients gradually and mix at a low speed until just combined. Fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Portion the batter into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
**This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, lactose-free, and vegetarian diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients (or other allergens, if these apply to you).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|