This is one of the simplest candy recipes to make, and these chocolate covered pretzels make a sweet treat for after school snack or school lunches.
- 2 cups (12-oz) chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon shortening (dairy-free shortening or soy margarine)
- 1 bag pretzels
- In a small saucepan, bring several cups of water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine the chocolate and the shortening in a small heatproof bowl and set over the boiling water. (The bowl should not touch the water.) Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate melts completely.
- One at a time, drop the pretzels into the chocolate, using a fork to retrieve them and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the chocolate is used. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|