This lactose-free, soy-free creamy sauce is incredibly versatile and simple to prepare. It is great for poultry, fish, and vegetarian entrees, and it is sweet and mild enough for dairy-free kids while flavorful enough for refined palates.
- 2 cups rice milk (divided)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Optional: Pepper (to taste)
- Combine 1/4 cup of the rice milk with the flour in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring well until incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, and remove the pan from the heat. Serve warm or hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|