It may seem strange, but Nabisco's Oreos actually contain no dairy or animal-derived ingredients. They are not labeled "dairy-free," so they may contain trace ingredients of dairy from processing, so feel free to use another dairy-free wafer cookie, like Newman O's Wheat-Free Dairy-Free Cookies, which I used in the photograph!
This pie can be served cold or even frozen; to add even more decadence to your cream pie, serve with a dollop of your favorite dairy-free vanilla soy ice cream!
- 1 recipe dairy-free oreo pie crust
- 1 tub/8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese (such as Tofutti)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces dark dairy-free chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream (such as Tofutti Sour Supreme)
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons melted dark dairy-free chocolate, for decorating
- Optional: dairy-free chocolate wafer cookies, for topping
- Prepare the Dairy-Free Oreo Pie Crust according to the recipe.
- Prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the dairy-free cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Add the melted dark dairy-free chocolate, beating until smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture on top of the prepared crust in an even layer. Add the dairy-free sour cream to the remaining chocolate mixture and beat until well combined and fluffy. Spread on top of the chocolate layer, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. If desired, using a spoon or knife, swirl 1-2 T. of dark dairy-free chocolate in pinwheels around the top of the pie. Crush a few dairy-free chocolate wafer cookies and sprinkle on top for extra decoration. Chill the pie for 2 hours or until set. Serve cold or frozen.
**This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients or other allergens, if these apply to you).