This dairy-free pudding recipe is always a hit and it's easy to dress up with fruit, dairy-free chocolate chips, or any spices that you like!
Pudding is one of those easy and quick comforting desserts that can be prepared any time of the week and it can be enjoyed as an afterschool sweet snack or as a lunch or dinner dessert.
- 2/3 cup sugar (white)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk (unsweetened or other non-dairy milk alternatives)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar and salt.
- In a small dish, combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of the almond milk, mixing until dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, remaining almond milk and egg yolks to the saucepan, whisking until combined.
- Cook the pudding over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles just begin to form on the surface.
- Whisking constantly, turn down the heat to low and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Pour the pudding through a fine sieve into a heatproof dish and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|