Danilo Alfaro is a former private chef who has turned full-time writer. Residing in Portland, Oregon, he's been writing professionally about the culinary arts since 2007.
- 8+ years of experience as a professional cook and chef
- 11+ years of experience writing about food and cooking
- Published over 800 articles, recipes, and tutorials
Throughout his previous career in journalism and public relations, Danilo developed and nurtured a passion for food that ultimately led him to pursue formal culinary training in Los Angeles.
After graduating from culinary school, Danilo honed his skills cooking in upscale restaurants and a high-end catering company before launching a personal chef business specializing in gourmet dinner parties in 2004. He also worked as a live-in private chef for a family in San Francisco from 2009 to 2011.
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts from Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, NY
- Culinary School at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.