|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Truly indulgent, the dark 'n fluffy is a chocolate cocktail lover's dream. It's a marshmallow vodka drink that is guaranteed to take care of your sweet tooth and it's very easy to mix up.
The cocktail was designed to feature Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka and it's a perfect mix for it. You'll enjoy how the sweet vodka finds a balance with luscious cream and the rich flavor of Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur. It's a fun twist on the standard chocolate martini and an utterly delicious dessert drink that's fun to share with friends or keep for yourself!
2 ounces marshmallow vodka
2 ounces chocolate liqueur
1 ounce cream
4 mini marshmallows, for garnish
Cocoa powder, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and cream. Fill with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with marshmallows and a sprinkle with cocoa powder. Serve and enjoy.
- A creamy cocktail like this is better when served in a chilled glass and the frostier the better. If you don't have room to store a few glasses in the freezer or forget to pre-chill them, simply place a few ice cubes in each glass while you mix up the drink and dump them before straining.
- Godiva Dark Chocolate does not have a one-dimensional flavor. The taste of unsweetened dark chocolate is accented with black cherry, candied orange peel, and cold brew coffee. There are plenty of other chocolate liqueurs on the market, but few are as complex, which is why it works so well in this cocktail.
- The cream will make a rather thick cocktail. You can lighten it up by using milk (2 percent is often best as skim can be too thin) or half and half as a substitute. Alternatives to dairy products like almond or soy milk work as well.
- If you are in the mood for a S'mores-like cocktail, use finely crushed graham crackers to rim the glass, using the liqueur as the wetting agent. Or, you could do a 1:1 mix of the crackers and cocoa on the rim.
- Transform this cocktail into a boozy milkshake by adding the ingredients to a blender with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- The dark 'n fluffy would be just as yummy with any of the confectionary vodkas on the market. Try it with a cake or whipped cream vodka if you like.
How Strong Is a Dark 'n Fluffy?
The majority of sweet vodkas are lower proof than clear vodkas and Smirnoff's marshmallow is no exception; it's bottled at 60 proof. Godiva is even lighter at 30-proof, so this is one of the lightest chocolate martinis you can mix up. At just 16 percent ABV (32 proof), it's only slightly stronger than a glass of wine.