This fabulous cake is so fun to make. First you bake a two layer cake mix cake, then combine chunks of cake with a rich chocolate ganache to form a thick fudge-like mixture. This is chilled, unmolded, and coated with more ganache for a chocoholics dream. Yum.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg measurements above. Bake in two greased and floured 8" round pans at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Heat cream and butter together in a large saucepan until it boils. Pour cream over chocolate and beat with wire whisk until smooth. Cool 20 minutes.
- Line 9" springform pan with waxed paper. Cut cooled cake into cubes.
- Place cake cubes in large mixer bowl. Pour 1-1/3 cups ganache over the cake cubes and mix on low speed with an electric mixture until texture is like thick fudge.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Freeze for one hour. Unmold cake, place on serving plate, remove waxed paper, and coat cake on the top and sides with remaining chocolate ganache. Store in refrigerator.