These delicious apple fritters make an excellent breakfast or dessert dish.
- 1 cup/4 1/2 ounces flour (all-purpose, sifted)
- 1/4 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar (confectioners,' sifted)
- Heat the warming drawer or oven to 200° F to keep the fritters warm as you fry batches.
- Heat about 2 1/2 to 3 inches of oil in a deep saucepan or in the deep fryer to about 360 F to 370 F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add milk and egg; beat until batter is smooth. Fold in chopped apple.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into deep hot oil and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the fritters are golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels. Keep warm while making subsequent batches.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar for serving, or serve warm, with syrup.
You Might Also Like
Corn and Bacon Fritters
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|