- 2.2 pounds/1 kilogram potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil (or amount needed for deep frying, or other neutral oil like canola)
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature or melted
Gather the ingredients.
Peel the potatoes, and cut them into cubes 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick. Wash the cut potatoes, and let them drain.
In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, white pepper, black pepper, thyme or oregano, and garlic powder and set aside.
Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 F/180 C.
Pat rinsed potato cubes with paper towels to remove excess moisture and add them to the deep fryer. Fry for about 15 minutes or until deep golden and tender.
Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
Toss the cooked potatoes with the butter and reserved spice mixture in a large bowl. Serve immediately.