Looking for a quick and easy alternative to your everyday staples? Check out these Moroccan-spiced deep-fried potatoes are easy to make and a delicious change from French fries or baked potatoes.
- 2.2 pounds/1 kg. potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or oregano)
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature or melted)
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil (or amount needed for frying, or other neutral oil like canola)
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into cubes 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick. Wash the cut potatoes, and let them drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, white pepper, black pepper, thyme or oregano and garlic powder and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 F (180 C).
- Pat the potato cubes with paper towels to remove excess moisture and add them to the deep fryer. Fry for about 15 minutes or until deep golden and tender.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Toss the cooked potatoes with the butter and reserved spice mixture. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||133 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||94 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|