|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 7mg||37%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Use this simple recipe to make delicious, deep-fried pork loin roast. If you've ever fried a turkey, a 21st-century culinary trend, you might also be interested in learning how to fry other meats. Make pork your next fried roast. It's far less expensive than other meats, and it is juicy and succulent. The marinade for the roast truly brings out its flavor.
Gather the ingredients.
Whisk together apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and onion powder. Use a flavor injector syringe to inject the pork tenderloin all over with the mixture. After each injection, plug the hole with a sliver of garlic.
Coat the outside liberally with the dry rub. Place in a zip-top bag, squeeze out all the air, seal and refrigerate overnight.
Let pork loin come to room temperature. Preheat deep-fryer to 325 F.
Place pork roast in the fryer basket, fat-side down, and slowly lower into the hot oil. Fry about 1 hour or until center tests 155 F with an instant-read meat thermometer. Timing will vary due to the thickness of the roast.
Lightly tent the pork with foil and let rest 30 minutes before slicing to serve.
- It's important not to skip the resting period or you will end up with dry meat.
- Use a pork loin (or sirloin) roast rather than a pork tenderloin roast. The pork loin roast is basically pork loin chops before slicing, from which the rib bones have been removed. The pork tenderloin is the filet mignon of the pig. The tenderloin is a different part from the loin, much smaller in size and more tender, as its name suggests. You can certainly deep-fry the tenderloin if you wish, but it's arguably a waste of a more expensive, tender cut. That said, it would still be delicious. If you do fry the tenderloin, the timing would naturally be much less.
- Leave the fat-cap on to hold in moisture. You can easily trim it off later if you must. The flavor it adds is lovely, and it helps retain moisture.
- The homemade dry rub may be used on all types of meat, poultry, and even seafood. Season meat liberally because some of the rub will naturally come off in the oil.
- This recipe was tested with the Waring Pro® Professional Rotisserie Turkey Fryer/Steamer. Make sure your fryer is deep enough and has large enough dimensions to fit your pork loin roast, allowing it to be completely submerged in the oil.
- Try substituting other juices for the apple juice such as orange, pineapple or pomegranate.
- Switch from onion powder to 1 teaspoon onion juice.
- Dijon mustard may be substituted for the yellow mustard.