This recipe calls for a lot of bay leaves. It's actually about 1/3 cup, so if you have crushed bay leaves you can use those. The real secret to fried turkey is to get a good coating of the rub on the surface of the turkey before it hits the oil.
- 25 medium bay leaves (whole)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL hot Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL thyme (dried)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL oregano (dried)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL black peppercorns
- In a spice grinder, grind the bay leaves into a fine powder. Place in a small bowl. Grind thyme, oregano, peppercorns similarly. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix together. Divide into three equal parts.
- Rub one part on the inside of the turkey. Rub the second part under the skin around the breasts. And rub the last portion over the outside of the turkey. Refrigerate overnight.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|